Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Walid \"jo\" Gedeon" <wg...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/22 18:02:28 UTC

org.apache.felix.shell.Command

Hello all,
Browsing through the available docs to understand how commands work in felix
(specifically, but in osgi in general), the shell service page seemed to
make sense (http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-shell-service.html)...
... until the section "Creating a Command" :-)

I'm not sure I get why MyStartCommandImpl implements
org.apache.felix.shell.Command and not
org.ungoverned.osgi.service.shell.Command? Or alternatively why doesnt
org.apache.felix.shell.Command extend it...

Thanks for any comments or points of vue:-)

Re: org.apache.felix.shell.Command

Posted by "Walid \"jo\" Gedeon" <wg...@gmail.com>.
That's okay :-) I guess I'll just wait for the 4.2 spec to come out!
I don't have access to osgi stuff either (yet?) I'm not sure if I can apply
as a 'freelance' Supporter, I guess I'll just try and fax it in and see
what's the response :-)
Ta!

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately I do not have it anymore. I had read it some times ago,
when as part of OSGo Alliance I was able to do that. But nowdays this
is not possible anymore.
Maybe Peter K., can send it to you if he will read this thread.

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@objectweb.org>.
There is also an ongoing effort in OW2 JOnAS to provide a framework
independent, extensible and dynamic shell:
http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jonas/sandbox/shelbie/trunk/shelbie/

It have been tested under Felix, Equinox with linux, windows, macosx and
it's using iPOJO under the cover.

Regards
--Guillaume

Posted by "Walid \"jo\" Gedeon" <wg...@gmail.com>.