Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kanesee <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/25 21:14:07 UTC

m2eclipse: missing Navigate menu items

This is more a m2eclipse plugin issue and less maven but if any has an answer
or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

I have eclipse indigo (v3.7) for mac and it came preinstalled with m2eclipse
(v1.0.0.20110607-2117). I believe both are one of the most recent builds.

Anyways, this link and others on the web mention certain features that allow
me to search my repository for classes:
http://www.sonatype.com/books/m2eclipse-book/reference/repository-sect-searching-artifacts.html

The problem is I don't have these Navigate menu items (e.g. "Open Maven
POM", or "Open Type from Maven")
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n4632029/Screen_shot_2011-07-25_at_11.59.37_AM.png

My eclipse has other Maven-related menu items, like I can convert a Java
Project to a Maven project and it recognizes pom.xml files and opens them in
a specific pom viewer.

Any ideas on maybe how to activate these other Maven options would be
helpful.

Thanks,
Kane

Re: m2eclipse: missing Navigate menu items

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
the book is most probably not uptodate. M2E had to follow Eclipse
guidelines on main menu content when being accepted into indigo
release train and all/most of the menu items are gone now.

Milos

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:14 PM, kanesee <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is more a m2eclipse plugin issue and less maven but if any has an answer
> or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

http://eclipse.org/m2e/
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/project-information.html

-Jesse