Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/19 19:41:08 UTC

Ajax Indicator Example?

I am having problems understanding Ajax Indicators.  I have search high/low
for a working example and have been unsuccessful.

Is there any examples that shows what I need to do get an AjaxLink or
DropDownChoice w/ an AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior to utilize an
indicator to show something is working?

Thanks
- Doug

Re: Ajax Indicator Example?

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
I found what I was looking for.

this is basically what I have done.

In my page:

public class FooPage extends WebPage implements IAjaxIndicatorAware {
    private WebMarkupContainer indicator;

    public FooPage() {
       // snip

       	indicator = new WebMarkupContainer( "indicator" );
	indicator.setOutputMarkupId(true);
	add( indicator );

       // snip
    }

     public String getAjaxIndicatorMarkupId() {
		return indicator.getMarkupId();
    }
}

in FooPage.html:

resources/org.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior/indicator.gif
Processing...

I implemented IAjaxIndicatorAware at the page level so all Ajax related
behaviors/components will utilize this indicator.

Hope that helps others...

- Doug