Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2017/06/30 22:02:49 UTC

Why Drill required a special Calcite fork ?

Would someone please list the reasons for which Drill required having a
custom Calcite build ? This will help integrating Calcite whenever a
release is out.

One reason I can assume is that Calcite didn't support unparsing all SQL
clauses such as FETCH and OFFSET ?

I for my self, very much need to use the latest Calcite version with Drill
and I'm willing to spend time working on that, if it's possible for my poor
Drill and Calcite knowledge.

​-
Gelbana

Re: Why Drill required a special Calcite fork ?

Posted by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org>.
+1 for getting off the Calcite and Parquet forks.

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <jn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Leaving aside the fact that Drill needs a fork of Calcite (I accept the arguments for that, more or less), it’s embarrassing that the fork is poorly documented, poorly named (Calcite has been out of the incubator for almost 2 years, and hasn’t been called Optiq for each longer), and is in a particular company’s repository (thereby creating the impression that contributions from non-employees would not be accepted).

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Muhammad,

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.