Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 00:47:06 UTC

mesos-master resource offer details

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some basic details:

1. I am trying to see the details of the resource offer made by the mesos
master. I can see in the logs that there are 5 resource offers made but I
am not sure where to get the details of the resource offers - the cpu,
memory etc.

2. How can I list the number of slaves registered with the master and the
details of the slaves on the command line( apart from seeing it in the UI)?

Thanks for the help.

Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula

Re: mesos-master resource offer details

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.
If my understanding of how Mesos allocation algorithm works, there are
allocations made if there are offers made. An allocator performs
allocation, which is used by the master to generate offers to frameworks,
which, in turn, may be accepted or declined. Have you tried to increase the
log level for the master as suggested?

To help you with your problem, could you please describe the setup you use?
Specifically, how "fat" your agents (aka slaves) are, what is the task
description you send to marathon, what are the available resources in the
cluster (state.json).

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.
I'm very sorry! I thought I did reply back to this email thread - not sure
how I missed this.

The issue is resolved after I upgraded to latest version of marathon - it
has better logging enabled too..

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.
Alex,