Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Conor66 <co...@yahoo.ie> on 2011/07/26 21:09:29 UTC

New developer, need a little help with a subquery

Hi everyone. Ive recently started using apache derby. Im a recent graduate
> and I have a question for you more experienced developers out there. I
> would
> be grateful with any help on this. I want to make the two following
> queries
> into one, but the count(*) is giving me alot of trouble. They both work
> fine
> as individual queries. I want to see the - Number of work orders closed
> per
> day, by category. Any help on this would be amazing, I'm really stuck

 SELECT "W"."id" as "Work Order Id", "AC"."id", "A"."strName" AS "Category",
day("dtmDateCompleted") as "Day"
 FROM "tblAssetCategory" "AC" inner join "tblAsset" "A" ON ("AC"."id" =
"A"."intCategoryID")
INNER JOIN  "tblWorkOrder" "W" ON ("W"."intAssetID" = "A"."id")

SELECT day("dtmDateCompleted") AS "Day", count(*) AS "Count"
FROM "tblWorkOrder"
WHERE "dtmDateCompleted" IS NOT NULL

Re: New developer, need a little help with a subquery

Posted by Conor66 <co...@yahoo.ie>.
That worked right off the bat :) Thank you so much, I really appreciate it