Posted to users@solr.apache.org by r ohara <ro...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/14 14:56:28 UTC

Replication and generation number

Hi Solr folks,
We are using solr 8.11 in solrcloud mode with one TLOG and two PULL replica
setup. We're having issues not getting the latest updates on our PULL
replicas. We have autocommit set to 10 minutes and we're seeing that every
once in a while the generation id gets updated, but not the version number
and therefore the replication does not get kicked off until another update
comes in, sometimes several hours later, which changes the version number
and subsequently gets kicked off during the next polling.

Does anyone know what the generation id is for and when/how that gets
updated? And why the version number might not get updated?

Thanks in advance!