Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 01:29:12 UTC

Roller hosed up on raibledesigns.com

Guys,

Does anyone know what might be causing the following problem:

<quote from="emailBelow">
On starting your JVM, mysql's 'show processlist' shows you quickly get 6
connections, and then when I tried to surf to raibledesigns.com it quickly
grew to about 15 connections, and then slowly crawled up to 21, and then
the catalina.out spewed out it's errors and the connections dropped back
to 10.  It then started climbing up, sitting at 15-16 connections for a
while, then climbed back to 21, then catalina.out spewed out a bunch more
messages, and the connections dropped back to 8....
</quote>

My site seems to start fine if I remove Roller, otherwise, it hangs
and the above scenario happens.  My suspicion is possibly the search
index getting created, but that doesn't explain why so many
connections are getting created.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by "Matthew P. Schmidt" <ma...@javalobby.org>.
Yea, its in the code.

-Matt

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
It works!

I don't know if it was a problem with Roller or with JSPWiki - but the
good news is its fixed now.  The database running out of connections
on startup doesn't seem to be happening today - maybe the rollover to
a new day did something.

Here's what I did to fix the problem:

JSPWiki:  I started w/ a "wiki pages" directory with no files in it -
and after ensuring
everything was running correctly, I added the files back in.  The only
thing that's really changed b/w yesterday and today was I upgraded the
wiki software - but it doesn't even make a database connection.  I
also switched to use JDK 5 and this seems to be working fine.

Now that everything is working - I don't think I'll tinker with it for
awhile - possibly later tonight.  I did turn off the search indexing
on Roller.  I'll try turning that back on later this evening.

Matt

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.