Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Emanuel Pordes <em...@invera.com> on 2010/07/26 17:32:31 UTC

How can I force Batik to output SVG with font-size specified in pixels?

Hi All,

It seems that Firefox doesn't like font sizes without units specified.
However, our SVG output through Batik always seems to be omitting the units.

e.g. font-size: 10 instead of font-size: 10px

I found the following post from September 2008 which suggests modifying batik.svggen.SVGFont:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-batik-users/200809.mbox/%3COFE7158613.D8D0AD77-ON852574C5.00379E75-852574C5.0037E0C9@knotes.kodak.com%3E

Is this still the best/only way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Emanuel Pordes

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et prot�g�. L'exp�diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d�sign�(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm�diatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.

Re: How can I force Batik to output SVG with font-size specified in pixels?

Posted by Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>.
On Monday, July 26, 2010, 5:32:31 PM, Emanuel wrote:

EP> It seems that Firefox doesn’t like font sizes without units specified.

In style attributes, style element, and external stylesheets, yes. Firefox is correctly following the CSS specification, there.

In presentation attributes, unitless fonts sizes are allowed and are interpreted in the current local coordinate system.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG