Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Damian Minkov <da...@sip-communicator.org> on 2009/12/21 15:12:19 UTC

not started bundles and cache

Hi all,

recently in sip-communicator we removed a bundle from the application,
respectively removed it from the autostart level from the properties
file. But recently after removing it we got some errors which lead to
finding the actual cause : its that the removed bundle stays in the
felix cache and even it is removed from the autostart levels its
loaded and used. Is this a known issue and is there a way to avoid
this ?

Thanks
damencho

Re: not started bundles and cache

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Damian Minkov
<da...@sip-communicator.org> wrote:
> felix cache and even it is removed from the autostart levels its
> loaded and used. Is this a known issue and is there a way to avoid
You may install your bundle with reference prefix e.g.
reference:file:/temp/foo.bar.jar

Next time start felix won't be in cache.

-Guo

Re: not started bundles and cache

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/21 Damian Minkov <da...@sip-communicator.org>

> Hi all,
>
> recently in sip-communicator we removed a bundle from the application,
> respectively removed it from the autostart level from the properties
> file. But recently after removing it we got some errors which lead to
> finding the actual cause : its that the removed bundle stays in the
> felix cache and even it is removed from the autostart levels its
> loaded and used. Is this a known issue and is there a way to avoid
> this ?

this is a standard feature of OSGi:

   "The OSGi specification states that the framework must cache bundles and
their run-time state"
   ( from
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-bundle-cache.html )

so if you want to completely remove a bundle you should tell the framework
to uninstall it (or wipe the cache at startup by setting the framework
property
org.osgi.framework.storage.clean to "onFirstInit")

alternatively you could use something like FileInstall to manage your
bundles:

   http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-file-install.html

HTH

Thanks