Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/04/02 17:04:28 UTC

Accessing OutputStream capabilities from the FileSystem instance

Hello,

Over in HBase, we enforce hsync, hflush characteristics where they're supported by the configured FIleSystem. My read of the API (2.10.0) is that the only object that can be queried for availability of these characteristics is an OutpuStream instance. Is that so? Is there a way to get at the availability of these features from FileSystem class or instance?

Thanks,
Nick