Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/12/20 23:18:12 UTC

Increase CXF PR Builder timeout?

I've noticed the last couple of PRs have timed out before build
completing.  The current build cap is at 90 minutes.  It takes 10 minutes
to do the initial project build in the PR job, so I'm assuming it's taking
over 80 minutes for the testing phase.

I believe infra has a preference to ensure that there is a timeout set
(since the build infra is a bunch of shared resources).  I was thinking of
upping the timeout to 120 minutes.  What do others think?

We can also play with other build timeout settings (e.g. detecting stuck
builds, no activity monitor) to see if they're better, but I'd probably
need to chat with infra first so they're aware of the change (at least I'm
assuming they put in this limit and not the CXF community).

John

Re: Increase CXF PR Builder timeout?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I spoke with Gav.  I recommended to him to first try a no activity check.
The build will time out if it was idle for 5 minutes.  If that works worse
or causes other issues we'll do an absolute again at a higher value as
mentioned.

John

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.