Posted to site-dev@james.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/02/21 23:13:56 UTC

[James Wiki] Update of "RunAsService" by renen

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "James Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by renen:
http://wiki.apache.org/james/RunAsService

- For Linux I know of two ways to do it.  (Instructions for Mac OS X are below.)
+ '''Windows'''
+
+ * Copy %jamesdirhere%\conf\wrapper.conf to %jamesdirhere%\bin\
+ * Then, from a command line, execute: wrapper.exe -i wrapper.conf
+
+ Alternatively leave wrapper.conf where it is and tell wrapper.exe where it is:
+ * %jamesdirhere%\bin\wrapper.exe -i %jamesdirhere%\conf\wrapper.conf
+
+
+ '''Linux'''
+
+ For Linux I know of two ways to do it.

  For Red Hat there are these instructions; http://www.ejbsolutions.com/products/obox/community/ch20.html. These worked on Red Hat for me easily. However I think the wrapper method below is probably more recommended as it almost "out of the box" functionality with James.  For Debian - I found the Red Hat instructions above didn't work straight away.  So I used the wrapper" instructions on my Debian box, which turned out to be ''much'' simpler.