Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/13 19:17:17 UTC

Re: JavaScript in JSR223 Post Processor

Felix>I am preparing a patch to update the Mozilla Rhino implementation in
Felix>JMeter to the current one (1.7.13)

An alternative option is to bundle https://github.com/openjdk/nashorn
The jar is 2.5 MiB:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/openjdk/nashorn/nashorn-core/15.3/

One more option is to download the dependencies on-demand.

Vladimir

Re: JavaScript in JSR223 Post Processor

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 14.11.21 um 12:17 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
>> Sadly the nashorn jars are Java 11+.
> The default JavaScript engine is present till Java 14,
> so I just thought we could use "in-JDK Nashorn" for Java 8..14, and the
> external one in 15+.
> I hope nashorn-core does not force us to use module path, however, I have
> not explored it.
>
> Does JMeter work with module path at all?! :)

I tried the given example in the changes.xml and I believe it worked for
me. (and if we use the switch, we could test for Java 15, if we wanted to)

I think it didn't work without the module path.

Felix

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 13.11.21 um 20:17 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> Felix>I am preparing a patch to update the Mozilla Rhino implementation in
> Felix>JMeter to the current one (1.7.13)
>
> An alternative option is to bundle https://github.com/openjdk/nashorn
> The jar is 2.5 MiB:
> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/openjdk/nashorn/nashorn-core/15.3/
>
> One more option is to download the dependencies on-demand.

That (first) option is described at the end of our changes.xml :)

Sadly the nashorn jars are Java 11+. But I think we could nonetheless
include it and use our Java 9 switch in the startup scripts to add the
implementation to the module path as described in the changes.xml.

Felix