Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/12 06:58:11 UTC

Release 2.9.0....adding more PRs ? please don't

Hello,
I see that someone is adding PRs to Milestone 30 (Pulsar 2.9.0)

we are pretty late on starting the release
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/milestone/30

If you have a PR that you really want to see in 2.9.0 please look after it
and ensure that it has:
- CI passing
- no "Request changes" or negative comments to be discussed
- enough reviews

I will cut the RC0 tomorrow morning, CEST timezone.

We already have a good amount of new features and fixes in 2.9.0, it is
enough to cut a release.
Pending PRs that are not blockers for a release can be delivered on the
next release.

Best regards
Enrico Olivelli

Re: Release 2.9.0....adding more PRs ? please don't

Posted by Eron Wright <ew...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
Thanks Enrico for the extra efforts there, I know my PRs were late to merge.
-Eron

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno ven 15 ott 2021 alle ore 04:50 rxl@apache.org <
ranxiaolong716@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello, Enrico:
>
> In version 2.9.0, do we need to consider whether transaction-related
> features can be used in a production environment? This feature is expected
> by many users. So do you need to consider the progress of
> transaction-related stability.

We wanted to use them in 2.8 :-)

2.9 is better, and we introduced wire protocol changes regarding
transactions.
IIUC a Pulsar 2.9 client will be able to connect to a Pulsar 2.8 broker and
perform transactions.

If there is no showstopper for the release then we must go now.

It is the usual temptation to add more and more stuff.
We are late on the schedule.

We committed lost of last minute PRs regarding transactions, I knew them
and I waited and followed them with reviews

While writing this email I still see 2 missing PRs for PIP-85.
I am waiting for them, then I will move forward.

If there are no other API and protocol changes regarding transactions, any
other "problem" may be fixed in 2.9.1

Enrico

Posted by "rxl@apache.org" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Enrico: