Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl> on 2003/10/22 20:57:32 UTC

assertion error

Adding         tpl/tpl
Adding         tpl/tpl/index.tpl
Adding         tpl/tpl_c
Transmitting file data ..................................svn:
subversion/libsvn_subr/path.c:338: svn_path_remove_component: Assertion
`is_canonical (path->data, path->len)' failed. zsh: abort      svn
commit -m "BIP :: initial revision"

OK. What does this mean?

--
  Marcin Gil
    email#   mgil : vernet pl | GaduGadu ID# 185057

Re: assertion error

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:59:44 +0100
Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> wrote:

> What would "svn status" have shown?  Describe your working copy.

[22:55] denti @enclave devel/bip % svn status
!      .

What info do you need as working copy description?
I couldn't replicate this error though..

Oh.. maybe this one.. In the project I use smarty php template engine.
It often creates directories with names like '%%%117c'..

> That's a mod_dav_svn/Apache error, I'm not really an expert.  Describe
> your Locaction directive.

<VirtualHost repo.vernet.pl>
        ServerAdmin tech@vernet.pl
        DocumentRoot /home/svn
        ServerName repo.vernet.pl
        ErrorLog /etc/httpd/logs/repo-error
        CustomLog /etc/httpd/logs/repo-access common
</VirtualHost>

<Directory "/home/svn">
    Options Indexes MultiViews

    DAV svn
    SVNPath /home/svn

    AuthType            Basic
    AuthName            "Repozytorium Verall Internet"
    AuthUserFile        /home/svn/users
    AuthGroupFile       /home/svn/groups
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

I use directory directive because I've set up a virtual host
for subversion purposes only..

With svnserve everything goes fine.. But I don't know how to setup
a secured repo with restricted access.. I'm reading Svn book,
there is something mentioned about inetd but no config is given
(like use of stream or dgram).

Re: assertion error

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Re: assertion error

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:52:16 +0100
Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> wrote:

> It means that a non-canonical path appeared in the Subversion
> libraries.  I haven't seen one of these errors from the command line
> client for some time.  Which version of Subversion are you using?

Version 0.31.0

> Assuming you are using a recent version of Subversion, please describe
> the layout of your working copy and the changes you were trying to
> commit.  Can you reproduce the problem?  If so then run the command
> under gdb and when it aborts print a stack trace (use gdb's bt
> command).

Ok. Here's everything as I remember, because couldn't replicate it.
Machines:
- repo.vernet.pl (repo): remote machine
- enclave: local machine

- I've set up, using root account, an svn repository /home/svn
  (svnadmin create /home/svn) [repo]
- imported a project layout [repo]:
  bip/trunk
  bip/branches
- did:
  cd ~/devel (contains bip)
  svn co http://repo.vernet.pl/bip/trunk bip,
  where bip resides on enclave [local]
- did:
  cd ~/devel/bip
  svn add *
- svn commit -m "BIP :: initial revision"

And the thing gave me an assertion..

I've transfered all the files from enclave to repo
and then (after erasing/creating repository) imported
them..

I'still have problems with 'malformed URI' thing..
If I commit/update files working remotely on repo
everythings fine. If I try to checkout them home
working on my machine, and giving an URL to repo
(http://repo.vernet.pl/bip/trunk) I get this
'malformed URI' error..

Regards.

Re: assertion error