Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Laura <la...@libero.it> on 2002/06/13 10:35:19 UTC

Security - Attack

Hi all,

well I have, in my opinion, a very interesting question.

Last week we went in a production enviroment: we have apache + tomcat with an important web application xxx (http.conf has JkMount /xxx worker).

Well, this morning I have discovered that somebody has tried to attack my server: in the Apache error log I have found calls as /scripts/..%5c%5c../winnt/system32/cmd.exe, /scripts/....., and so on.

My question is: is Tomcat secure? How can I do Tomcat secure? Is all my system secure? ( my machine is a solaris 8).

Thanks

Laura

Re: Security - Attack

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.
apache and tomcat aren't vulnerable, but putting up a firewall to block
the IP might be a good idea. For my own server I zone alarm pro, which
will block IP trying this exact type of exploit.

peter

Re: Security - Attack

Posted by David Cassidy <dc...@nisports.com>.
It's the usual muppet that has been infected...

Apart from cloging up your logs they do nothing on an apache server

:)

Of course if you are daft enough to run IIS ......

RE: Security - Attack

Posted by Stuart Stephen <sw...@swadge.co.uk>.