Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 22:13:27 UTC

Move BCEL and JCS to Commons?

This initial email is cross-posted, but lets keep the thread on dev@jakarta.

Jakarta is no longer a sustainable home for Java libraries like BCEL
and JCS. Commons, OTOH, is widely suited to such components and has a
much more active community. Therefore, I want us to explore the
possibility of moving BCEL and JCS to Commons. Assuming there is
interest in doing so here at Jakarta, I'll be happy to float the idea
over on the Commons side.

Comments?

-Rahul

Re: Move BCEL and JCS to Commons?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Related thread now initiated on dev@commons:

  http://commons.markmail.org/thread/akq47tuatib36yre

-Rahul

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 30.05.11 22:13, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> Jakarta is no longer a sustainable home for Java libraries like BCEL
> and JCS. Commons, OTOH, is widely suited to such components and has a
> much more active community. Therefore, I want us to explore the
> possibility of moving BCEL and JCS to Commons. Assuming there is
> interest in doing so here at Jakarta, I'll be happy to float the idea
> over on the Commons side.

+1 Good idea. I'd try to support the JCS move if possible.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Move BCEL and JCS to Commons?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30 May 2011 21:24, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 30/05/2011 22:13, Rahul Akolkar a écrit :
>>
>> This initial email is cross-posted, but lets keep the thread on
>> dev@jakarta.
>>
>> Jakarta is no longer a sustainable home for Java libraries like BCEL
>> and JCS. Commons, OTOH, is widely suited to such components and has a
>> much more active community. Therefore, I want us to explore the
>> possibility of moving BCEL and JCS to Commons. Assuming there is
>> interest in doing so here at Jakarta, I'll be happy to float the idea
>> over on the Commons side.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> This does make sense to me.

Likewise, makes a lot of sense.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 30/05/2011 22:13, Rahul Akolkar a écrit :
> This initial email is cross-posted, but lets keep the thread on dev@jakarta.
>
> Jakarta is no longer a sustainable home for Java libraries like BCEL
> and JCS. Commons, OTOH, is widely suited to such components and has a
> much more active community. Therefore, I want us to explore the
> possibility of moving BCEL and JCS to Commons. Assuming there is
> interest in doing so here at Jakarta, I'll be happy to float the idea
> over on the Commons side.
>
> Comments?

This does make sense to me.

Luc