Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/09 01:30:33 UTC

Assembly - how to

Hello,
I got 2 problems with the assembly plugin and was wondering if you
guys could help me out:

1st: From an empty directory I try to assemble my application out of
the pom.xml and an application.xml file. I've previously uploaded to
my repository all the artifacts necessary to bundle my application.
The dependants artifacts come nicely in my target/app/ directory
however for my main artifact I get:
[WARNING] JAR will be empty - no content was marked for inclusion!
and that particular jar is empty.
I was under the impression I could assemble an application out of what
is in my local repository/local cache without having to recompile

2st: Assuming 1st is created correclty I would like to have a way to
postprocess my main artifact after assembly, namely I would like to
unjar it because, for my final application, I included in it config
information that need to be edited.
I know I asked this already but I really would want to do this.

I suppose in summary I'm looking for a way to assemble an application
out of artifacts already precompiled and in a somewhat flexible way.
The assembly doesn't seem to 'cut it' for me.

Thanks in advance,
Pierre

Re: Assembly - how to

Posted by Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
So my main problem was: How to assemble a bundle with just the pom.xml
given that all the artifacts are uploaded to the repositroy.

Following what people suggested I tried 2 things:

Have a pom where the packaging is set to pom and try to run assembly.
This doesn't seem to work.
Make a new pom.xml which only defines 1 dependency to the actual
artifact I want to make an application for. This works but I don't
find it convenient.

Is there anything else you guys can think about?

Thanks in advance.
Pierre

Re: Assembly - how to

Posted by Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Assembly - how to

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Assembly - how to

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
I think this is possible.  A pom.xml would only have dependencies
declared and no actual sources.  So running the assembly will give you
the dependencies.  What version of assembly are you using?

Re: Assembly - how to

Posted by Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Assembly - how to