Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2001/03/13 20:09:21 UTC

Re: Patch for site docs

Jon Stevens wrote:

 > on 3/13/01 9:55 AM, "Santiago Gala" <sg...@apache.org> wrote:
 >

 >> I have prepared a patch for site docs, explaining an issue we found
 >> when trying to use authenticated cvs with Windows.
 >>
 >> I tried to commit, but I don't have enough Karma. I don't know if
 >> I'm suppossed to have karma on the site docs, so here I send
 >> the patch.
 >>
 >> Feel free to throw it away :)
 >

 > The right place to have sent the patch is to the general@jakarta list as
 > documented here:
 >
 > <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html>
 > "People who have accounts on apache.org can check in their changes to the
 > jakarta-site2 module directly. If you get an error such as "Access
denied:
 > Insufficient Karma", then please send email to the
 > general@jakarta.apache.org mailing list and we will grant you the
 > appropriate access. If you do not have an account, then please feel
free to
 > send patches to the general@jakarta.apache.org mailing list."

Sorry about this one. But still the answer is not clear to me. Am I
supposed to
commit myself or will somebody else consider the patch?

 > Also, you need to send a patch against the .xml file which is used to
build
 > the .html files. See the above URL for more information on working
with the
 > Jakarta Site2 module.

The patch is BOTH to the .html file AND to the .xml file, as I think in
this way the
changes will be visible without building in apache.org

The patch to .html is after I built locally.