Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by aanjaneya shukla <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 16:11:36 UTC

log4j window size

Hi,
Is there any specific reason for having a max index at 13 in log4j? Since
we can archive the log files with significant compression we can increase
this.
Thanks

Re: log4j window size

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Stadelmann Josef
<jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> wrote:
> why not a different renaming schema where only one file,
> the current to be rolled over file has to be renamed?

+1 for configurable naming strategies - everybody to his taste.
Patches are welcome! :-)

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

AW: log4j window size