Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com> on 2002/05/15 20:28:00 UTC

Re: Streaming text contents when using Velocity for HTML templati ng.

On 5/15/02 8:49 AM, "Nikolaj.Brinch.Joergensen@sdk.sas.com"
<Ni...@sdk.sas.com> wrote:

> If this can't be done (I think it should be something one should be able
> to),
> then JSP has something to provide (which is important for high performance
> reporting of large
> data, and a in a lot of other scenarios, where encapsulated beans are used),

It *should* work just fine.  Have you tried it?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.

RE: Streaming text contents when using Velocity for HTML templating.

Posted by Bill Boland <bo...@attbi.com>.
I gave it a whirl, Geir. It *did* work just fine.

I placed my Foo object with the write method as a request attribute.
I did have to make the changes to the VelocityServlet that I stated
yesterday so that I had an opportunity to place the writer into the
context before the merge.

Here's my template:

#set ( $foo = $req.getAttribute( "foo" ) )
Hello, World!<BR>
$foo.write( $writer )

> If this can't be done (I think it should be something one should be
able
> to),
> then JSP has something to provide (which is important for high
performance
> reporting of large
> data, and a in a lot of other scenarios, where encapsulated beans are
used),

It *should* work just fine.  Have you tried it?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.
geirm@adeptra.com