Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2001/09/03 01:06:43 UTC

Re: Can't build xerces-c-1.5.1 with ICU

bugzilla@apache.org writes:

> ! To get this to compile with ICU 1.8:
> !
> ! replace:
> !     UnicodeString keyVal(keyStr);
> !     const UnicodeString* msgString = fBundle->getStringEx(keyVal, err);
> !
> !     if (!msgString)
> !         return false;
> !
> ! with:
> !
> !     UnicodeString msgString = fBundle->getStringEx(XMLString::transcode(keyStr),
> ! err);
> !
> ! also the uses of msgString-> need to be modified to msgString.
> !
> ! the tmpPath issue is particularily confusing because it is not used anywhere in
> ! the Xerces code or the ICU code. However, setting it 0 (zero) forces ICU to
> ! calculate a path.

Well...

Everything compiles and runs, but messages are blank:

~/work/xml-xerces/c/samples $ DOMCount -v=always t/xmlconf/sun/invalid/attr01.xml

Error at file t/xmlconf/sun/invalid/attr01.xml, line 9, char 24
  Message:

Errors occured, no output available

If someone could point out what's happening I'd be grateful.
jas.