Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Levitsky <ma...@amdocs.com> on 2008/01/24 10:14:41 UTC

Changing the location of the ajax validation error

Hi,

I am stating the use of struts 2 and I would to know how can I customize
the ajax validation errors.

I know how to customize the style but I would like to customize the
location of the error that will appear

At the moment it appears only at the op of the textfield, I would like
to change the location (lets say to the right of the textfield)

Do you know how it can be done?

Regards,

Mark Levitsky

Amdocs Self Service

+972-9-7960880(desk)

Re: Changing the location of the ajax validation error

Posted by j alex <st...@gmail.com>.
I'd implemented this by overriding the strutsValidator.onErrors function ;
basically getting the list of errors and calling custom function to show the
errorbox to the right of the field. Also, i needed to show only 1 error at a
time - not all the errored fields ; and this was done using the DWR
validator ; not the Dojo one since i was using 2.0.9 at that time.

Thanks,
Joseph