Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com> on 2003/01/15 01:01:01 UTC

Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

The documentation for Apache-SOAP for installing on Tomcat assumes
Tomcat 3.2.
Does Apache-SOAP works with Tomcat 4.1?
Any gotchas?

--
Jesus M. Salvo Jr.
Mobile Internet Group Pty Ltd

PGP Public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC0BA5348

Re: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Robert Dietrick <rd...@sega.com>.
I'm using it and it seems to work just fine.  I think there may be
CLASSPATH gotchas.  Don't really remember, though.

-rob

Re: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Robert Dietrick <rd...@sega.com>.

Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote:

> The documentation for Apache-SOAP for installing on Tomcat assumes
> Tomcat 3.2.
> Does Apache-SOAP works with Tomcat 4.1?
> Any gotchas?

Re: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

Posted by sn...@scottnichol.com.
For Tomcat 4, follow the installation instructions at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-
soap/java/docs/install/tomcat.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html.

Scott Nichol

Re: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Jack Byrne <jb...@aol.com>.
Hello,

I have installed SOAP on Apache Tomcat 4.0.

Here is what I did

*Downloading, installing and testing Tomcat 4.0*

    *Downloading Tomcat *

        * Go to  www.apache.org
          <http://lusma.ie.office.aol.com:8080/www.apache.org>,
          select Jakarta <http://jakarta.apache.org/> in the Apache
          Projects list, select Binary Downloads
          <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi>, select Tomcat
          4.0.6
          <http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.6/>
          from the Main Distribution site,
          select jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6.zip
          <http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.6/bin/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6.zip>
          from the bin directory. This is a full binary distribution of
          Tomcat 4, which includes all optional libraries and an XML
          parser (Xerces 1.4.4), and can be run on JDK 1.2+.
        * Save the distribution locally - where u want Tomcat to be
          installed

    *Installing Tomcat*

        * Unzip Tomcat using

        unzip jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6.zip

        This will install Tomcat into the directory ./jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6

    *Testing the Tomcat Installation*

        * To test the installation, launch a WEB Browser and navigate to

        http://localhost:8080

        This will launch a WEB page indicating that the Tomcat
        installation has been successfull

    *Update PATHS*

        * Setup the environment variable CATALINA_HOME to
          INSTALL_DIR/jakarta-tomcat-4.0

*Downloading, installing and testing Apache SOAP 2.3*

    *Downloading SOAP*

        * Go to http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/, select version-2.3
          <http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/version-2.3/>, select soap-bin-2.3.zip
          <http://lusma.ie.office.aol.com:8080/SOAP%20installation%20notes.html#%20http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/version-2.3/soap-bin-2.3.zip>
          from the bin directory
        * Save the distribution locally - where u want SOAPto be installed

    *Installing SOAP*

        * Unzip SOAP using

        unzip soap-bin-2.3.zip

        This will install SOAP into the directory ./soap-2_3

        setenv SOAP to be this directory - thsi is just for
        docuemntation purposes

    *Update PATHS*

        * Modify the CLASSPATH environment variable to include the
          following directories

        $CATALINA/common/lib/servlet.jar
        $SOAP/soap-2_3/
        $SOAP/soap-2_3/lib/soap.jar
        $CATALINA/common/lib/jaxp.jar
        $CATALINA/common/lib/mail.jar
        $CATALINA/common/lib/activation.jar

        *See the Installation Instructions
        <http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html> for SOAP on Apache
        for full details *

    *Testing the SOAP Installation *

        * |type http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter, you should
          see the following reply|

          |Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST
          to talk to me. |

        * You can also check what SOAP Services u have installed by

        http://localhost:8080/soap/admin/index.html,

         From here you can List the services deployed, deploy a service
        or undeploy a service

        Right now you should not have any services deployed.

Hope this helps

Jack

Re: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Jack Byrne <jb...@aol.com>.
Hello,

> [...]

        setenv SOAP to be this directory - thsi is just for
        docuemntation purposes

    *Update PATHS*

        * Modify the CLASSPATH environment variable to include the
          following directories

        $CATALINA/common/lib/servlet.jar
        $SOAP/soap-2_3/
        $SOAP/soap-2_3/lib/soap.jar
        $CATALINA/common/lib/jaxp.jar
        $CATALINA/common/lib/mail.jar
        $CATALINA/common/lib/activation.jar

        *See the Installation Instructions
        <http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html> for SOAP on Apache
        for full details *

    *Testing the SOAP Installation *

        * |type http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter, you should
          see the following reply|

          |Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST
          to talk to me. |

        * You can also check what SOAP Services u have installed by

         From here you can List the services deployed, deploy a service

RE: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1

RE: Tomcat 3.2 / Tomcat 4.1