Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2002/02/21 15:59:52 UTC

BUG??/Problems with using Xindice with tomcat

System prop:
	OS: Win2000pro
	ServletContainer: Tomcat4.0.1 (Standalone)
        db Server : dbxml 1.0b4

I have some servlets collection info from xml-files stored in dbxml via
XML:DB api. To get these servlet running and accepting XMLDBException and
other classes from the api implementation shipped with dbxml by Tomcat I
have placed the 'dbXML.jar' and the 'xmldb.jar' in
{JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext.

The problem is that as soon as the dbXML.jar is in this directory the bat
files shipped with dbxml don't work anymore. (No problems with
'xmldb.jar', though, but I need tem both..) I can't start or shutdown the db
server and I don't have access to the command tools.
But the server itself seems to be running smoothly if it is already
started before i add the 'dbxml.jar' to {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext.

Has anyone had any experience with this, and does anyone have a workaround
for it?? Or is this just a bug i have to live with?

I have tried to place these files in the 'jakarta-tomcat/lib' directory,
but that didn't work at all. Tomcat still trew javax.ServletException when
it didn't find them in the {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext...

Hope someone can enlighten me..

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim
oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no
41422911

Re: BUG??/Problems with using Xindice with tomcat

Posted by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no>.
Have moved all libraries to web-inf/lib, and that works nicely. Still
don't know why placing dbXML.jar in {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext caused trouble
for dbxml xml database server, but who cares.. :-)

Øyvind

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim
oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no
41422911

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 07:59 AM, Øyvind Vestavik wrote:

> System prop:
> 	OS: Win2000pro
> 	ServletContainer: Tomcat4.0.1 (Standalone)
>         db Server : dbxml 1.0b4
>
> I have some servlets collection info from xml-files stored in dbxml via
> XML:DB api. To get these servlet running and accepting XMLDBException and
> other classes from the api implementation shipped with dbxml by Tomcat I
> have placed the 'dbXML.jar' and the 'xmldb.jar' in
> {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext.

For a Tomcat deployment you should place the jars in the lib directory of
your webapp.

> The problem is that as soon as the dbXML.jar is in this directory the bat
> files shipped with dbxml don't work anymore. (No problems with
> 'xmldb.jar', though, but I need tem both..) I can't start or shutdown the
> db
> server and I don't have access to the command tools.
> But the server itself seems to be running smoothly if it is already
> started before i add the 'dbxml.jar' to {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext.

I don't know of any reason why that wouldn't work.

> Has anyone had any experience with this, and does anyone have a workaround
> for it?? Or is this just a bug i have to live with?
>
> I have tried to place these files in the 'jakarta-tomcat/lib' directory,
> but that didn't work at all. Tomcat still trew javax.ServletException when
> it didn't find them in the {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext...
>
> Hope someone can enlighten me..
>
> Øyvind Vestavik
> Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
> 7014 Trondheim
> oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no
> 41422911

Kimbro Staken - http://www.kstaken.org - http://www.xmldatabases.org
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org
Senior Technologist (Your company name here)