Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch> on 2012/03/05 15:00:15 UTC

replication to iriscouch fails

Hi couchers

My replication fails with the error attached.
Locally I am using futon on couchdb 1.1.1 on windows 7 in google chrome.
I am trying to replicate to iriscouch.

My database is 52 MB big and contains appr. 40'000 docs.

I have tried to get around this issue by rebuilding the database using curl
and also pushing my design document directly to iriscouch using curl. This
works. But replicating should work too, shouldn't it?

I have also locally created a new database and replicated to this. This
works.

Above mentioned is what happens on my notebook. On my desktop pc
replication sometimes works, sometimes not. As far as I can see the desktop
pc has the same setup as the notebook. Seems to me that replicating from
the notebook has worked sporadically during the last week too.

I believe the json data in the db is valid. I have tested it as well as
possible on jsonlint and the couchapp runs very nicely both locally and on
iriscouch.

Could this be:
- a mistake I make?
- a CouchDb issue?
- an iriscouch issue?

the couchapp is visible here:
http://barbalex.iriscouch.com/evab/_design/evab/index.html (log in using
user = z and password = z)
the code is here: https://github.com/barbalex/EvabMobile

thanks for helful pointers!

Alex

Re: replication to iriscouch fails

Posted by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch>.
o.k., this here works:
curl -X POST http://127.0.0.1:5984/_replicate  -d @replication.json -H
"Content-Type:application/json"
where the json-Object is in replication.json.

Windows blows escaping, no matter how I tried. Only referring to a file
worked.

So the problem is basically solved. Don't know though why futon would
return an error. Is there any worth following this or should I be happy
using curl?

Thanks for helping!!!

Alex

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
Yeah that's an interesting question. A space might get converted to
%20 or +, the former at least is valid in database names.

My feeling is CouchDB should take the values literally but Futon should trim.

--
Iris Couch

Re: replication to iriscouch fails

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.