Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by "Dudoladov, Sergey" <se...@tu-berlin.de> on 2016/08/16 18:44:44 UTC

Potentially confusing comment in AllocatedEvaluator.java

Hi all,

The topmost Javadoc comment in the AllocatedEvaluator.java  says this interface represents an evaluator that is allocated but not running yet. However, methods of this interface such as close() act on evaluators that actually run.

So my questions is "Which evaluator exactly does this interface represent?"

The question arises in REEF-832, where we are currently discussing which methods we can add to this interface.

Best,
Sergey

Re: Potentially confusing comment in AllocatedEvaluator.java

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,

the Javadoc is correct. `.close` should merely return the allocation
to YARN or Mesos.

Markus