Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/22 02:53:55 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Please join me in welcoming Gary vanMatre as a new Struts committer.
Gary has been quite busy proposing code for the "Clay" plug-in on
Shale, and has also been supportive on the dev and user mailing lists
(for both Struts and MyFaces) ... we look forward to his energy being
available to the entire Struts project as well.

Welcome, Gary!  (And now you can process some of your own outstanding
code diffs :-).

PMC vote:  4 +1

Craig

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Craig McClanahan" <cr...@gmail.com>

--
Wendy

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:50 AM -0700 8/22/05, Dakota Jack wrote:
>Just wondering if this was not a palace revolt to get JSF into the
>back door.  Wondering how a person who works on something that is not
>even part of struts and not struts, here, becomes a struts committer.
>Interesting!  I am not questioning his ability.  Don't know anything
>about him, which seems odd.

Four members of the Struts PMC voted to appoint Gary a committer.
None voted against, nor even expressed reservations.  Doesn't really
sound like the makings of a revolt to me.

Shale is in fact a part of Struts, as evidenced by its status as a
Struts subproject and its home amidst the Struts community, on the
Struts mailing lists, in the Struts SVN repository, etc, etc.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Rod Johnson and many others.  But, that should be a start to think about, Dave.

On 8/23/05, David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com> wrote:
> Dakota Jack wrote:
> > That would be, James, not Dakota but the list.  This is the most
> > unusual committer nomination I have ever seen.  James, will it ever be
> > possible to get you to respond to these inquiries, if you must
> > respond, in an adult way?  I appreciate Joe's perspective, although I
> > think Shale is part of Struts only because it merges with Craig's
> > career and Craig understandably has a bit of pull around here.
>
> Besides you, who is saying that it should not be part of the Struts?
>

> - Dave

~Dakota Jack~

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Posted by David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com>.

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.

On 8/22/05, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Did someone forget to run this by Dakota first?
>
> Oh wait, no one cares what Dakota thinks....never mind.
>
> --
> James Mitchell
> Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance
> EdgeTech, Inc.
> http://www.edgetechservices.net/
> 678.910.8017
> AIM:   jmitchtx
> Yahoo: jmitchtx
> MSN:   jmitchell@apache.org
> Skype: jmitchtx
>

> On Aug 22, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Dakota Jack wrote:
>
> > Just wondering if this was not a palace revolt to get JSF into the
> > back door.  Wondering how a person who works on something that is not
> > even part of struts and not struts, here, becomes a struts committer.
> > Interesting!  I am not questioning his ability.  Don't know anything
> > about him, which seems odd.
> >
> > On 8/22/05, David Geary <sa...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Congratulations Gary! Welcome aboard.
> >>
> >> Gary has done a great deal of work on Clay, which has turned into
> >> one of the most popular features of Shale.
> >>

> >> david

> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its
> > back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~

~Dakota Jack~

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Just wondering if this was not a palace revolt to get JSF into the
back door.  Wondering how a person who works on something that is not
even part of struts and not struts, here, becomes a struts committer.
Interesting!  I am not questioning his ability.  Don't know anything
about him, which seems odd.

On 8/22/05, David Geary <sa...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Congratulations Gary! Welcome aboard.
>
> Gary has done a great deal of work on Clay, which has turned into
> one of the most popular features of Shale.
>

> david
>
> Le 05-08-21 à 18:53, Craig McClanahan a écrit :
>
> > Please join me in welcoming Gary vanMatre as a new Struts committer.
> > Gary has been quite busy proposing code for the "Clay" plug-in on
> > Shale, and has also been supportive on the dev and user mailing lists
> > (for both Struts and MyFaces) ... we look forward to his energy being
> > available to the entire Struts project as well.
> >
> > Welcome, Gary!  (And now you can process some of your own outstanding
> > code diffs :-).
> >
> > PMC vote:  4 +1
> >
> > Craig

~Dakota Jack~

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Struts Committer: Gary vanMatre

Posted by David Geary <sa...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Welcome Gary.

Slight correction, the vote on the PMC list was five +1 votes.

Niall

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Congratulations indeed Gary :)

Frank

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Welcome!

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Has this committer to struts ever done anything with struts other than
clay and the JSF stuff?

On 8/21/05, Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please join me in welcoming Gary vanMatre as a new Struts committer.
> Gary has been quite busy proposing code for the "Clay" plug-in on
> Shale, and has also been supportive on the dev and user mailing lists
> (for both Struts and MyFaces) ... we look forward to his energy being
> available to the entire Struts project as well.
>
> Welcome, Gary!  (And now you can process some of your own outstanding
> code diffs :-).
>
> PMC vote:  4 +1
>
> Craig

~Dakota Jack~