Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@tkachenko.com> on 2005/04/03 18:01:49 UTC

Re: [Fwd: TiffRenderer Anomaly]

Hello!

Please remind me, which viewer shows inverted stuff? I've got only
Photoshop on my Windows XP box and tiffs look ok in it.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://blog.tkachenko.com

Posted by Bill Jordan <bi...@hmonline.com>.
Hi, Oleg.  I used the following 4 viewers to view the output image:
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, Internet Explorer, MS Paint, and Brava!
Reader.  The results are identical with all 4 viewers - white letters on
a black background.

Bill

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

> Please remind me, which viewer shows inverted stuff? I've got
> only Photoshop on my Windows XP box and tiffs look ok in it.

Hi Oleg:

I know that FOP 0.20.5 has to invert the colors on JPEG CMYK images
generated by Photoshop, while not doing so for other images. It appears to
just be the way Photoshop does things, but I don't know the history of it. I
don't see anything similar in the TIFF code, but since it uses JAI for TIFF
processing, it is possible that JAI handles a similar conversion
automatically.

Victor Mote