Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JT...@aol.com on 2000/08/24 04:19:29 UTC

Deployment Problems

Hello:

I have setup Tomcat and a virtual host.  The examples work from the vhost,
however when ever I try to run a simple servlet the server thinks I want to
download the servlet rather than execute it.  I check the
/opt/tomcat/logs/tomcat_omni.log and the following line was there:

Context log: path="" File not found
/home/sites/omnipotent.cwihosting.com/web/WEB-INF/web.xml, using only defaults

This leads me to believe that the tomcat is not deploying the said WEB-INF
properly and not Auto Setup.

Please let me know if any body can help.

Jason
cWI