Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com> on 2014/12/12 19:00:44 UTC

Usergrid 2.0 on the horizon

Usergriders,

As many of you know, some of the Usergrid committers have been working on an updated version of Usergrid, currently called 2.0. This new release will bring a number of improvements, largely around performance and code maintainability.

The 2.0 code base has been used in production and is stable enough that if you are getting started with Usergrid now, you should seriously consider using 2.0.

One important note: the way 2.0 stores data is not compatible with 1.0. In other words, you can’t take a 2.0 .war file and just replace your existing 1.0 build.  It just won’t work. We do not yet have a migration tool for converting 1.0 data to 2.0 format -- and even when we do migration may be operationally difficult. That's all the more reason to consider the 2.0 code base for your next Usergrid setup.

Rod

--
Rod Simpson
@rockerston

Re: Usergrid 2.0 on the horizon

Posted by ja...@apps4u.com.au.
This sounds cool Im happy that 2.0 is coming along , Ive just spent the lsat few weeks working a new iOS SDK that is close to being done and released to the community.  I would like to help with getting the SDK's into there own repos so we can take advantage of current library dependency systems for each language. Im happy to help out with this so we can get each sdk out with the correct commit message for the SDK's. Im going to be making the iOS SDK public over the next week or so Ive also built it like the new PHP SDK I did to be package managed with Cocoapods so having its own repo will help.

Posted by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by ro...@rodsimpson.com.

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.