Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Darren Foltinek <da...@frontrange.ca> on 2003/09/18 00:04:22 UTC

Multiple domains from single Tapestry app?

Hi all,

I would like to be able to serve several domains from a SINGLE Tapestry web
app, with each domain getting unique content from the web-application.

We're planning on using Apache/Tomcat as web servers., so Apache would be
handling the URL rewriting, but I'm wondering what is the best way to feed
Tapestry the original domain in the form of a parameter?

Something like this comes to mind:
www.my.com  -->  Tomcat/app/?my.com
www.your.com  --> Tomcat/app/?your.com

Or maybe the domain could be re-written as a directory under the application:
www.my.com --> Tomcat/app/my.com

So my question is what's the best way to ENCODE this domain parameter and
then EXTRACT it in a  way that does not conflict with all the normal URL
parameters that Tapestry generates?

Thanks!

-- Darren
Darren Foltinek,