Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Sachin Shetty <ss...@egnyte.com> on 2011/04/08 19:34:43 UTC

How can we put in some custom throttles

Hi,

We want to put in some custom dynamic throttles in the apache ftp server so
that users can be dynamically slowed down based on some inputs outside of
the ftp server. Has anybody done this before in the apache ftp server?

Thanks

Sachin

Re: How can we put in some custom throttles

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Sachin Shetty <ss...@egnyte.com> wrote:
> We want to put in some custom dynamic throttles in the apache ftp server so
> that users can be dynamically slowed down based on some inputs outside of
> the ftp server. Has anybody done this before in the apache ftp server?

We already support throttling on the user level which you should be
able to hook into. Look into writing your own User implementation
(possibly overriding BaseUser) and implement the authorize() method to
provide the throttling for the TransferRateRequest.

This will allow you to throttle per data transfer, if that's sufficient for you.

/niklas