Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au> on 2008/08/05 10:07:27 UTC

0.95beta out of the wilderness?

Hi,
I know it is bad form to ask this question, but I was wondering when
0.95beta would cease to be a beta and become a full fledged version? I
would like to use it in our production environment but I cannot make the
case for it while it is in beta. Actually, I would really like what is
in trunk to be released (working of course) as it has a feature I really
need.

Thanks.

--
Kamal Bhatt

Re: 0.95beta out of the wilderness?

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Kamal Bhatt wrote:
<snip/>
> Also, I want subsequent pages to have the same height, how can
> I achieve this?

If you mean that the content should always end at a same distance from
the bottom of each page (‘justified’ pages), then you have to insert
elastic spaces between blocks, like this:
    <fo:block space-after.minimum="10pt"
              space-after.optimum="12pt"
              space-after.maximum="20pt">
      etc...
(Also works on fo:table.)

Spaces will then be stretched so that the bottom of the content
coincides with the bottom of the region-body on each page.

HTH,
Vincent

Re: 0.95beta out of the wilderness?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
min-height is the (more or less) same as
block-progression-dimension.minimum which already works with 0.95.
min-height and max-height are so-called "corresponding properties" and
are only in FO for CSS compatibility. See:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#min-height

On 05.08.2008 10:53:34 Kamal Bhatt wrote:
<snip/>
> The feature I wanted was min-height. We spent most of today trying to
> work out a good hack to replicate it. Setting a height on a row is the
> closest we could get :( (FOP just spits out a warning if there is
> "overflow", but lets it go through). Just as long as 0.95 doesn't
> change this, we will probably upgrade.
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki

Re: 0.95beta out of the wilderness?

Posted by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au>.
I had a closer look at the compliance table, there are some seriously
good features in trunk (integer support for keep-with-*, min/max
heights). 0.96 is looking like a great version as well.

Thanks.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hehe. We've been working on the during the last few days. I'm just
waiting for the mirrors to catch up until I post the announcement.

Please note that 0.95 final will be a bugfix release to 0.95 beta. Most
of the features in trunk won't be in 0.95 final. What feature are you
referring to?

On 05.08.2008 10:07:27 Kamal Bhatt wrote:
> Hi,
> I know it is bad form to ask this question, but I was wondering when
> 0.95beta would cease to be a beta and become a full fledged version? I
> would like to use it in our production environment but I cannot make the
> case for it while it is in beta. Actually, I would really like what is
> in trunk to be released (working of course) as it has a feature I really
> need.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Kamal Bhatt