Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Henry Saginor <HS...@suz.com> on 2004/08/12 02:28:49 UTC

building jetspeed2 - Communication failure during handshake

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I am getting "java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake.
Is there a server running on localhost:3306" in one of the JUnit tests when
I attempt to build the portal. However, when I run "maven quickStart"
database connection is astablished successfully and all tables are created
in the test database

Any suggestions ...? Please help ...

[junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.TestAggregator

 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.89 sec

 [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.TestAggregator FAILED

 [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.TestRenderer

 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.453 sec

 [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.TestRenderer FAILED

 [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.container.session.TestNavigationalState

 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 2.407 sec

 [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.container.TestPortletContainer

 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.187 sec

 [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.TestSimpleDeployment

 [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 4, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.578 sec

 [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.TestSimpleDeployment
FAILED

 [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestSpringEngine

 [junit] jetspeed2

 [junit]  INFO: Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize portal
Engine...

 [junit]  WARN: Internal JNDI has been flagged true by the
portal.use.internal.jndi system  property.  This overrides the configuration
setting of false

 [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 3.687 sec

 [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestSpringEngine FAILED

 [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.TestPipeline

 [junit]  INFO: Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize portal
Engine...

 [junit] JNDI System Property flag null

 [junit] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DatasourceComponent' d

ned in URL
[file:/C:/eclipse3.0/eclipse/workspace/jakarta-jetspeed-2/portal/src/webapp/
WEB-INF/assembly/pooled-datasource-support.xml]: Initialization method 'st

' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Unable to start DBCPCDatasourceComponent: java.sql.SQLException:
Communication failure du

g handshake. Is there a server running on localhost:3306?

 [junit] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to start
DBCPCDatasourceComponent: java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure
during handshake. Is there a ser

 running on localhost:3306?

 [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent.start(DBCP
DatasourceComponent.java:179)

 [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.start
(BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.java:75)

 [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

 [junit]     at
)

 [junit]     at
.java:25)

 [junit]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:810)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:249)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:177)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:159)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInst
antiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:183)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(Abstr
actApplicationContext.java:268)

 [junit]     at
org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(F
ileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:83)

 [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.SpringComponentManager.<init>(SpringComponent
Manager.java:44)

 [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.SpringEngine.initComponents(SpringEngine.java:108
)

 [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.AbstractEngine.init(AbstractEngine.java:134)

 [junit]     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:64)

Re: building jetspeed2 - Communication failure during handshake

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Did you start the database?  Please look at the getting started page on
the Jetspeed 2 website,
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started.html.

Henry Saginor wrote:

> [...]
>org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInst
>antiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:183)
>
> [junit]     at
>org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(Abstr
>actApplicationContext.java:268)
>
> [junit]     at
>org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(F
>ileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
>
> [junit]     at
>org.apache.jetspeed.components.SpringComponentManager.<init>(SpringComponent
>Manager.java:44)
>
> [junit]     at
>org.apache.jetspeed.engine.SpringEngine.initComponents(SpringEngine.java:108
>)
>
> [junit]     at
>org.apache.jetspeed.engine.AbstractEngine.init(AbstractEngine.java:134)

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>        *