Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Matt Zytaruk <ma...@wavefire.com> on 2005/12/09 19:15:30 UTC

Linking Document scores together in a query

Hello,

I am trying to implement a system where to get the score for certain
documents in a query, I need to average the score of two different
documents for that query. Does anyone have any bright ideas on what the
best way to implement such a system would be? I've been investigating
and thus far haven't been able to find a way that didnt degrade
performance horribly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Matt Zytaruk

Re: Linking Document scores together in a query

Posted by Matt Zytaruk <ma...@wavefire.com>.
We have two kinds of listings in our index, a web site and a business
directory listing. If a url is in the business directory listing, we
would like to be able to average the score of the business listing and
the score of the highest scoring page in the website to get a composite
score. This is to discourage people making fake directory listings just
to drive hits to their website, which is unrelated to the information
they put in their directory listing.

Any ideas would be awesome.
Thanks.

-Matt Zytaruk