Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2007/06/06 19:06:29 UTC

[Studio][Site] Update mission statement

Hi all,

as we renamed LDAP Studio to Apache Directory Studio I wonder if we
should also update the mission statement on the Studio main page:

Apache Directory Studio is a complete LDAP tooling platform intended to
be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly designed for use
with the Apache Directory Server.

Developed as a sub-project of the Directory Top Level Project, Apache
Directory Studio is an Eclipse RCP application that takes full advantage
of the benefits inherent in the Eclipse platform. Composed of several
Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, Apache Directory Studio can be easily upgraded
with additional plugins. Apache Directory Studio plugins can even run
within a full installation of Eclipse itself.

I would suggest to just replace the "LDAP tooling platform" by
"directory tooling platform".

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Seelmann

Re: [Studio][Site] Update mission statement

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Stefan,

You are totally right.

Your suggestion is ok for me.

P-A M.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
You also have my +1 !

On 6/7/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> On 6/6/07, Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> wrote:
> >
> > Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> > > I would suggest to just replace the "LDAP tooling platform" by
> > > "directory tooling platform".
> >
> > Sounds good to me. Go ahead and change it

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Studio][Site] Update mission statement

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.