Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by "robert.mcguinness" <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/06 01:08:19 UTC

Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6.0

don't kill me, any idea when Wicket 6.0 might be released?  3 months? 6
months?  i need to upgrade from Wicket 1.3 but I'd like to skip to Wicket
6.0 if it fits our release cycle.

muchas gracias - rob

Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6.0

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
I've just added the list of tasks at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+6.0+Roadmap

Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6.0

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Rob,

The only major change that left is "component queueing". We need to
decide how to proceed there.
I prefer to release 6.0-M1 next few weeks and this way give the users
a chance to try it and send us feedback sooner.
If we decide that component queuing is stable then we will release M2
instead of RC1 and postpone 6.0 GA.

But as I said we need more feedback from users. You can create some
pet project just to try 6.0.

Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6.0

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM, danisevsky <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, and what about moving inmethod grid to the wicket-extensions? If
> we would rewrite js parts from YUI to jQuery?

There is no active maintainer of this library even now in wicketstuff.org :-(
Once I migrate my application in my daily job to 6.0 I will try to
migrate inmethod-grid too because it is a heavy Ajax component and
probably will
uncover some bugs.

Until then you can try to migrate its script.js from YUI to jQuery.
This will help me a lot!

Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6.0

Posted by danisevsky <da...@gmail.com>.