Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Naveen <na...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/02 13:33:17 UTC

Setting the threshold limits for SQL oeprations

Hello Everyone

I have seen somewhere that we can set the limit for all the resources that
can be allocated  for SQL operations, like you can set the limit for heap
utilization for all the SQL operations, similarly CPU etc. if it goes beyond
those limits, SQL operations will be failed with a appropriate error
message.

Can you please let me know what are those limits we can set and how do we
set

We are using ignite 2.8.1

Thanks
Naveen

Re: Setting the threshold limits for SQL oeprations

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I don't think it is possible since the H2 engine does not provide options
to limit CPU and heap AFAIK. Ignite community have decided to not rely on
forked H2 engine as e.g. recent GridGain does.

Maybe this will change when Calcite is introduced, and limiting will be
possible.

You can tune query pool to change how many parallel query threads may
utilize CPU, you may also tune query parallelism to uptick CPU usage by
some queries.

Ilya Kasnacheev