Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by gr...@apache.org on 2004/01/09 17:10:59 UTC

Re: Regarding Apache 2.0.48 and specweb99

Joshua Schnee wrote:

> I am attempting to set up the latest Apache server and RHEL 64bit to use
> in a Specweb99 run and am running into cgi issues.  I am very new to
> Apache, and am having difficulty getting apache to run/use/find my
> cgi-script.  Static content works fine, but I am getting improper file
> returned errors on all but the command/reset.
>
> Would either of you will willing to help?

specweb99 people hang out.  You might want to subscribe if you are going to be
working with specweb99 for a while.  See http://httpd.apache.org/test/ for info
on the mailing list and the project in general.  There are two other
sub-projects discussed on this list but the total traffic is low.

OK, some questions.  Are you trying to use mod_specweb99 for dynamic content, or
are you trying to use just a CGI?  If it's the latter, do any CGIs work for you?
  Apache ships two sample CGIs in the cgi-bin install directory, printenv and
test-cgi.  Make sure you chmod +x them or they won't work; it's a mystery to me
why we install them without execute permissions.  If you see the CGI code
returned to the client rather than the result of executing the script, you
probably need to tweak your httpd.conf to tell Apache that this is a CGI and not
just a static file.  Here's what I have:

<Directory /spec_docroot/cgi-bin >
     Options ExecCGI
     SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

If you can get the Apache sample CGIs to work but still have problems, you are
probably seeing failures at the beginning of the run where the SPEC client tests
the various types of URLs.  Fortunately, the client prints the URLs before it
tests them.  Cut-n-paste the failing URLs into a browser navigation bar and hit
enter.  What does the browser display?

Hope this helps.
Greg

Re: Regarding Apache 2.0.48 and specweb99

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
> the various types of URLs.  Fortunately, the client prints the URLs before it
> tests them.  Cut-n-paste the failing URLs into a browser navigation bar and
> hit
> enter.  What does the browser display?

Even better, the manager script dumps the result of its tests to files with
names like 'dyncadget.out'. This might more than pasting the URLs into a
browser, because for instance this particular one uses a Cookie that is not
very easy to reproduce in a browser.

S.