Posted to user@struts.apache.org by cool dude <co...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/27 13:03:17 UTC

Multiple Form Beans for the same for the same action

Hi Guyz,
     I have multiple forms submitted to the same
action. Also both these forms are on the same page &
only one of the forms are rendered based on some
condition. Unfortunately, the form bean is not getting
instantiated ... I think the code that I've written is
right but obviously therez some problem. I've listed
the code below.

Herez what the JSP looks like -->

<%
	String param=request.getParameter("param");
	if((param!=null) && (param.equals("first"))) {
%>

type="test.FormBeanOne" scope="request">

<%
 	} else  {
%>

type="test.FormBeanTwo" scope="request">

<%
	}
%>

Since I'm giving the form name & type in the form tag
I do not mention this in my struts-config.xml. The
action mapping of the struts-config is listed below :

<action-mappings>
<action path="/test" type="test.TestMultiFormAction"
validate="true">
</action>
</action-mappings>

Do you see anything wrong with what I've done ...

Thanx in advance ...
Cheers,
VD.