Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/10 17:57:25 UTC

Re: [VOTE][SITE] Release Commons Skin 3 and Commons Parent 19 - cancelled

I'm abandoning this vote, because changes are needed to skin:
- logos now mostly have TMs, so need to change default

and parent
- don't claim Commons as a trademark

I'll start a new vote later.

If there are any other issues which have not been reported, please do
so ASAP so I can incorporate any fixes in the next round of voting.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Niall Pemberton
> <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I just tried, and the change seems to have happened between Parent 17
>>> and Parent 18.
>>> Not sure why that should cause the change.
>>
>> maven-assembly-plugin was upgraded from 2.2-beta-5 to 2.2. Reverting
>> back fixes this for chain. There is version 2.2.1 of that plugin, but
>> it didn't resolve the issue.
>>
>> I'll try and see if I can find out the cause.
>
> OK slightly bizarre - I tried 2.2.1 of the assembly plugin again and
> it downloaded a whole load of stuff - so perhaps I made a mistake and
> hadn't tested against it. Seems now though, that it works with either
> 2.2 or 2.2.1, so I'm not sure whats going on :(
>
> Anyway, I've changed the version and now it works.

I encountered this issue again with version 20 of commons-parent, but
I found that "mvn -Prc package" doesn't work, but "mvn -Prc clean
package" works correctly. The assembly plugin doesn't run in the first
scenario, but does in the second. Not sure why, but if I had to guess
it would be that the clean plugin is causing a different version of a
common dependency to be pulled in.

Niall

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Seb,
since we're discussing about it, I think it could be a good idea
distributing an artifact containing the assembly descriptors to
generate required binary packages for downloads, as described on[1],
and declare the assembly plugin directly in the commons-parent.
Components that need extra descriptors, can override on their pom the
assembly-plugin behavior.
WDYT?
Simo

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/sharing-descriptors.html