Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Duncan Findlay <du...@apache.org> on 2006/10/01 23:42:51 UTC

L1 Logistic Regression in SpamAssassin

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that, as part of my 4th Year Math &
Engineering Design Project, I'm working on using L1 regularized
Logistic Regression to replace the Perceptron scoring mechanism, as
described by Lee, Lee, Abbeel and Ng in this paper:

http://ai.stanford.edu/~ang/papers/aaai06-efficientL1logisticregression.pdf

It's way too early for any kind of predictions, but we're hoping to
see better perfomance with this algortihm than the perceptron. I'll
let you know when we start to see results.

--
Duncan Findlay