Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Nick Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/13 04:16:55 UTC

Supported SQL syntax in Spark SQL

Is there a place where we can find an up-to-date list of supported SQL
syntax in Spark SQL?

Nick

Re: Supported SQL syntax in Spark SQL

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
FYI: I've created SPARK-2560
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2560> to track creating SQL
reference docs for Spark SQL.

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
You can find the parser here:

Posted by Martin Gammelsæter <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Mvh.
Martin Gammelsæter

Re: Supported SQL syntax in Spark SQL

Re: Supported SQL syntax in Spark SQL

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
Are you sure the code running on the cluster has been updated?  We recently
optimized the execution of LIKE queries that can be evaluated without using
full regular expressions.  So it's possible this error is due to missing
functionality on the executors.

> How can I trace this down for a bug report?

If the above doesn't fix it, the following would be helpful:
 - The full stack trace
 - The queryExecution from the SchemaRDD (i.e. println(sql("SELECT
...").queryExecution))

Re: Supported SQL syntax in Spark SQL

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Actually, this looks like its some kind of regression in 1.0.1, perhaps
related to assembly and packaging with spark-ec2. I don’t see this issue
with the same data on a 1.0.0 EC2 cluster.

How can I trace this down for a bug report?

Nick
​

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.