Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org> on 2007/02/09 06:41:43 UTC

[VOTE] Move JPA API dependency from dev.java.net to geronimo version

It turns out that the JPA API we've been building against (the one
from https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository/
javax.persistence/jars/persistence-api-1.0.jar) is not actually the
final version of the spec: there are some minor (and binary-
compatible) changes (some annotations don't have runtime retention,
for example), but they are enough to prevent us from passing all the
compatibility tests we need.

The Geronimo API jar (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/
org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec/geronimo-
jpa_3.0_spec-1.0.jar) is compliant, as far as I can tell.

How do people feel about changing the dependency from persistence-
api-1.0.jar to geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec-1.0.jar? I've run through all
our tests, and they pass with the Geronimo version. This would have
the added advantage of unifying our spec jars to all be using the
Geronimo versions.

+1 indicates that you approve of the change
-1 indicated that you disagree that the change should be made

[VOTE RESULT] Move JPA API dependency from dev.java.net to geronimo version

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
With 7 votes in favor and none against, the vote passes!

The vote thread can be viewed at:

   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-open-jpa-dev/
200702.mbox/%3cDF2A0924-993C-4001-B5AA-EA3F9E8FA576@apache.org%3e

I've updated the dependencies in the pom.xml file and committed.
Thanks to all who voted!

Re: [VOTE] Move JPA API dependency from dev.java.net to geronimo version

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
+1

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

The Geronimo API is verified using the official Jee5 signatures file.

-dain

Posted by Bryan Noll <bw...@gmail.com>.
+1 ...because of the compliance reasons you outlined.

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
-Michael Dick

Re: [VOTE] Move JPA API dependency from dev.java.net to geronimo version

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  +1

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Either move to the Geronimo version or get the dev.java version updated.
Either way, just so that we're using a spec-compliant version of the API.
Thanks!

Kevin