Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ryan Lynch <rl...@veoh.com> on 2008/05/20 19:55:36 UTC

HTable.getRow() for only a column family?

I have a use case in which we want to access all the columns for a
supplied column family while also avoiding the overhead of reading any
other column families.  There seems to be no method for doing this but
doing a quick dive into the code it "seems" like this should be
relatively easy to allow. This seems desirable since the architecture
describes column families being stored together so reading only a single
column family should be a lighter operation.  Is this worthy of a JIRA
issue and patch?

Regards,

Ryan Lynch

Re: HTable.getRow() for only a column family?

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Yes, I'm sorry. It's in 0.2. Please file a jira.

-Bryan

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.