Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2017/09/21 12:43:18 UTC

[VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.3.0

This is a vote to release Apache CXF-DOSGi 2.3.0.

Highlights:

* The multi bundle distro is now built using bnd-export-plugin and a
bndrun file instead of by exporting karaf features. The new approach
makes sure the bundles form a consistent and minimal deployment. In fact
the distro in now only 15MB instead of 22 MB.

* The multi bundle distro now includes apache felix and can be directly
started

* We do not list the bundles in the config anymore. Felix simply starts
all bundles in the directory bundle. There are also no more start level
tweaks.

* The distro now uses the felix http service instead of pax web. This
saves us a lot of bundles

I found one issue which I can not fix before the release as requires a
CXF release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-276

Release Notes - CXF Distributed OSGi - Version 2.3.0

** Bug
     * [DOSGI-254] - ServiceInvocationHandler does not handle checked
super-interface exceptions correctly
     * [DOSGI-267] - ContainerRequestFilter intents do not get
registered as providers
     * [DOSGI-275] - Include felix and samples in multibundle distro

** Improvement
     * [DOSGI-273] - Use bnd resolver to create multibundle distro
     * [DOSGI-274] - Upgrade to CXF 3.2.0

Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf-dosgi.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/cxf-dosgi-2.3.0

Maven Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-1094/

+1 from me.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.3.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I agree ..better be safe than sorry in legal issues.

I will cut a new release but it will take some time as I already cleaned my
work notebook to return it.
I hope I can prepare my home windows system for a release.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.3.0

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
From: http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I'm getting a 404 for the maven repo:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-1094/

Perhaps it's temporarily down?

Colm.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> Dan
>

> > On Sep 21, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Christian Schneider <
> chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> >
> > This is a vote to release Apache CXF-DOSGi 2.3.0.
> >
> > Highlights:
> >
> > * The multi bundle distro is now built using bnd-export-plugin and a
> bndrun file instead of by exporting karaf features. The new approach makes
> sure the bundles form a consistent and minimal deployment. In fact the
> distro in now only 15MB instead of 22 MB.
> >
> > * The multi bundle distro now includes apache felix and can be directly
> started
> >
> > * We do not list the bundles in the config anymore. Felix simply starts
> all bundles in the directory bundle. There are also no more start level
> tweaks.
> >
> > * The distro now uses the felix http service instead of pax web. This
> saves us a lot of bundles
> >
> > I found one issue which I can not fix before the release as requires a
> CXF release:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-276
> >

> > Release Notes - CXF Distributed OSGi - Version 2.3.0
> >
> > ** Bug
> >    * [DOSGI-254] - ServiceInvocationHandler does not handle checked
> super-interface exceptions correctly
> >    * [DOSGI-267] - ContainerRequestFilter intents do not get registered
> as providers
> >    * [DOSGI-275] - Include felix and samples in multibundle distro
> >
> > ** Improvement
> >    * [DOSGI-273] - Use bnd resolver to create multibundle distro
> >    * [DOSGI-274] - Upgrade to CXF 3.2.0
> >

> > Tag:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf-dosgi.git;a=
> tag;h=refs/tags/cxf-dosgi-2.3.0
> >
> > Maven Artifacts:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-1094/
> >

> > +1 from me.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > --
> > Christian Schneider
> > http://www.liquid-reality.de
> >
> > Open Source Architect
> > http://www.talend.com
> >

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.3.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.3.0

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache CXF DOSGi 2.3.0

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Andriy

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.