Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com> on 2021/02/03 15:23:12 UTC

Re: [External] : Re: [BETA] Apache NetBeans 12.3-beta1 available for testing

Hi,
There is a build of VSNetBeans 12.3 Beta .VSIX available for testing now
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/view/vscode/job/netbeans-vscode/286/

Re sources voting. I can arrange that separately for VSIX. I would like
to start it at the same time as main NB 12.3 voting, I believe it will
be communicated in advance.

Thank you,
Martin

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 15:23, Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com> wrote:
> There is a build of VSNetBeans 12.3 Beta .VSIX available for testing now
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/view/vscode/job/netbeans-vscode/286/

Thanks.

> Re sources voting. I can arrange that separately for VSIX. I would like
> to start it at the same time as main NB 12.3 voting, I believe it will
> be communicated in advance.

There shouldn't be a need for sources voting.  Out of interest, are
there instructions to follow to build it that we can link to?  If it
can be built from eg.
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release123/8/artifact/dist/netbeans/netbeans-12.3-beta2-source.zip
then there is no need to have a separate vote on the sources, just the
released binaries.

We will liaise in advance so we can schedule in parallel.

Incidentally, the platform sources are provided as a separate
download, but as it's generated from the full sources, it's not voted
on separately either.

Best wishes,

Neil