Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ori Tend <or...@fetchbook.info> on 2003/03/16 15:03:35 UTC

mod_disk_cache problem

hi,

i know this may not be the appropriate place to post this, but i've
search every corner of th web and found no answer...
i'm using apache2.0.44 and linux  2.4.18-3smp #1.apache is connected to
tomcat 4.1.18 via mod_jk2.

I'm using apache standard cache configuration (loading mod_disk_cache).
Yet for some reason, apache doesn't write anything to the CacheRoot dir.
Just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong, I reinstalled apache
again- this time on Win32, and using
the exact same cache configuration apache cached all the urls, as it
should have.

Just to make sure it doesn't have to do with mod_jk2 and tomcat
connectivity, I tried to see if apache
caches static content (html files which are not served by tomcat) - and
apache didn't cache those as well.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Ori.

my httpd.conf (all is default, commented in the following):

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so
LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so

CacheRoot "/usr/local/apache2/proxy"
CacheSize 5
CacheGcInterval 4
CacheMaxExpire 24
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 1
CacheEnable disk /

Re: mod_disk_cache problem

Posted by Kris Verbeeck <Kr...@ubizen.com>.
Ori Tend wrote:
> I'm using apache standard cache configuration (loading mod_disk_cache).
> Yet for some reason, apache doesn't write anything to the CacheRoot dir.

Try enabling debug logging:

	LogLevel debug

The caching modules print a lot of information.  Maybe something will
show up in the error_log that can help to solve your problem.

--
ir. Kris Verbeeck
Development Engineer

Ubizen - Ubicenter - Philipssite 5 - 3001 Leuven - Belgium
T:  +32 16 28 70 64
F:  +32 16 28 70 77

Ubizen - We Secure e-business - www.ubizen.com

Re: mod_disk_cache problem

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Ori Tend wrote:

> I'm using apache standard cache configuration (loading mod_disk_cache).
> Yet for some reason, apache doesn't write anything to the CacheRoot dir.

Are you sure Apache is allowed to write to your cache directory? Check
the permissions and ownership. Does the cache directory exist? (Been
bitten by this before).

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon